From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:20:38 -0600
Hello Randy, Peter & All,

I pointed out in the post by Allen that 2 4 D was one of the issues found to
cause bee gut problems.
I stand by each post I presented and need to reply to those which seem to
say the possibility that 2 4 D is not a concern for beekeepers (and possibly
human health when 90 million acres of corn ground is treated with 2 4 D. I
am a gambler but but we will be in uncharted ground.

Randy  says:

>The erroneous statement that dioxin is in 2,4-D herbicide is an excellent
example of political spin.

I have personal connections to 2 4 D and its use in Viet Nam.

Peter was correctly saying (as the makers do ) that
the dioxin in 2 4 D is because of the manufacturing process.

Google Times Beach , Missouri

I also go back to my correct statement  that 2 4 D was HALF the herbicide
Agent Orange.
The term AGENT refers to 2 4 D.

The maker ( name withheld) would love to say 2 4 D was only inert
ingredients
but to me quite a stretch. Saying dioxin is not usually found in 2 4 D at
some level to me is a laughable .

Peter is correct!

Randy said:
>Note the gratuitous use of scare words.

I thought the article was based in fact and wonder why the same people keep
popping up to say nothing to be worried about. That's exactly what those
effected were told in Viet nam.

Randy said:
>"Deadly" (the “deadly” part of Agent Orange was actually the other half of
the formulation, which contained the contaminant dioxin--NOT the 2,4-D);

Agent orange was full of dioxin so hard to say was not the 2 4 D.
replacement for glyphosate in the future..

>"Vietnam War" (to bring up painful
memories).

If we do not learn from history then history will repeat itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Beach_Missouri

>What was immediately humorous to me was that at the Natural News webpage
was supported by an ad for a common lawn care product that contains 2,4-D!

I find nothing _humorous_ and conceder the subject as serious as a heart
attack but we are talking about my backyard.

>Please folks, do your homework before propagating myths!

I will let the list decide if myth or not.

worth reading in its entirety:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange

bob