From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:15:27 +0100
Hi all

Joe and Peter are wrangling about the admissibility of scientific work
that is not carried out by well known names in USA.

I do not think that John McMullan reads this list, but I can vouch for
his integrity having known him personally for several years. There is
certainly no difference in the standards of work carried out at Trinity
compared to US academic establishments.

However I think his work has been misquoted and miss understood, the
main thrust of his work was testing out the theory that acarine
(tracheal mites) had a harder time infesting bees that had been raised
in small cells.

What he in fact managed to show was that the tracheal orifice only
changed a very minor amount when compared to changes in other body
dimensions that do occur with cells of different sizes.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)