From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:47:48 -0400
Al,
        The FDA has stated that everyone that receives coumaphos strips will
have honey checked for traces of the chemical. Any violations and the
strip will be pulled. That being the case -despite the obvious logic of
your statement- I would recommend that only those with hive beetle
problems and resistant varroa should use the strips.
        I believe research several years ago showed some disruption in brood
patterns as well. Am I "mis-remembering"?

Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA

  I made a quick call to get some Check-Mite