From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 02:18:05 -0300
Thanks for description of your pressure washing frame Alden.  Sounds simple
and practical.

I was recently in Chile and after describing my need to clean tens of
thousands of plastic frames or foundation to Juanse he took me to a place
(Colmenares Metrenco) where they had a big steam chest for melting old
frames, and then they made wax foundation.  The frames often yielded enough
wax to pay for the processing and replacement foundation.  Fresh out of the
steam chest the frames were put through two roller brushes for cleaning the
woodenware. I think that would do a good job of cleaning.  However, the
frames shot through the brushes too quickly, and I think I would have to add
a backing plate that moved back slowly to release the frame, but increased
the time the frame was between the two brushes.

Juanse is extremely lucky to have a good market for old comb.  The highbush
blueberry company  uses them for raising wax moth which harbour a parasite
that attacks a very obnoxious blueberry weevil.

Stan