From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:16:51 EST
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the
BEE-L list at CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove excessive
quoting of previously posted material.

------------------ Original message (ID=2DEE46) (66 lines) --------------------
From: "Darkpast" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Subject: Re:      Alternative methods against bee diseases.
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:24:10 -0800

Ok, here's my 2 cents worth, you get what you pay for. How can you expect a
honey producer to risk not using chemicals inorder to produce a "chemical
free" product, then turn around and only want to pay pennies for his
product? It's time to face reality gents, because of the environment that
our bees are forced to live in, they simply can not survive (let alone
produce a surplus crop) with out chemical treatment. Yes, I know that
everyone has that one hive that lives without chemicals, but take away the
chemicals and all your going to have IS THAT ONE HIVE. So the consumer needs
to understand the predicament that we all are in, the days of pure/healthy
natural honey are in the past.  Until that "promised strain" comes about, we
have to live with what we've got and not what we'd like.
Jeff