Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:19:49 -0400
I have never tried to wire frames, instead I use 10 or 12 pound monofiliment fish line. I tie one end to itself after passing through the
upper hole straight to the opposite side then thread through the bottom hole again going to the opposite side. I go from there diagonally to the top across to the opposite, then diagonally down to the opposite corner. I then stretch the line taut and tie off. Install foundation and repeat on the front of the new foundation. This may seem labor intensive but goes rather quickly once you've
done a couple. I've used this method for brood comb and shallow extracting frames. The bees don't seem to mind and draw nice comb that is more durable. Only once have they not and that was because I was tring to use up old foundation. They removed most of the foundation and drew comb out on the pieces that were left on the frame and on the fish line . Which turned out to be nice comb anyway. Also besides being available almost anywhere fish line is easy to remove and won't damage your tools when you remove old comb from the frames.