From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:12:46 -0400
the sudden depopulation of hives in "CCD" (which I
prefer to call "sudden colony depopulation" has different symptoms than a
varroa/DWV collapse, although in both cases, the colony winds up
depopulated.

How often does this occur? According to the news media, about one third of the hives do this every year. And yet, I have only seen one photograph where the bees were gone and the hive had large amounts of apparently healthy brood. Whereas I have seen thousands of hives where the bees just disappeared, leaving wrecked brood, mites, and obvious mite damage.

> Bob is correct in that something changed about 9 years ago.

What? What changed? How do we know this was not going on all along and this is when it caught people's attention?

Pete