From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2013 17:38:34 -0800
>In other words, the authors state that we cannot point at any one stress
factor as a sole explanation for colony losses, because even when stressors
are non-synergistic, multiple stressors TOGETHER are interacting
dynamically in a way that can result in divergent outcomes between
neighboring colonies.  Exactly what the Bee-L participants are saying over
and over (with the exception of those who think that certain pesticides do
not stress bee colonies significantly).

I can't think of anyone who posts to the List who does not agree with the
above statement.  I myself have published a model showing that exact thing (
http://scientificbeekeeping.com/sick-bees-part-2-a-model-of-colony-collapse/
).

Christina, perhaps you misunderstand some of us.  None of us doubt that any
number of pesticides stress colonies.  What we object to is the tunnel
vision of some who are focusing solely upon one class of insecticides
alone, rather than looking at the larger picture.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA