From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:18:06 -0400
>        Can anyone verify this amount of 35 lbs/hive.  I have had the
>understanding that the amount needed was closer to 80 lbs
>        (Maybe it is 35lbs per hive body?).  Obviously this is going to
>vary with the location, I'm not looking for specifics just a good rule
>of thumb.

Certainly wouldn't do in our neck of the woods. We require 2 boxes full.
Quick math, each frame holds 7lbs X 10 frames = 70lbs X 2 =140lbs give or
take a bit.
        Keeping bees short of sealed stores in the spring holds back the
build up. If you don't want to spring stimulated, then in our area this is a
minimum.
The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, Orillia,
ON. L3V 6H1. Canada.
Phone (705) 326 7171
Fax      (705) 325 3461
David Eyre. Owner.