From:
Catherine Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 22:53:39 -0400
Benzaldehyde is the primary chemical component of bitter almond oil, also
known as the most likely "secret" ingredient of BeeQuick. I used it most
recently to disperse stragglers after catching a swarm in a high traffic
area.

Works by itself, but full strength is overkill.  I use it highly diluted in
water because it's simple.  Any preparation that dilutes benzaldehyde with
something cheaper which is neither toxic nor reduces evaporation would work
fine to repell bees.

Odor is very pleasant, identical to almond extract. I'd love to hear of a
low cost supplier.

I'm not familiar with the other suggested ingredients.