Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 09:19:02 -0600
> Mosquitoes inherit DEET resistance. Genetic trait explains how some
> insects are unaffected by powerful repellent.

I doubt that humans are a significant enough prey for mosquitoes to select
strongly enough for this to come about on any scale.

If humans with DEET on them were the primary food source, that would seem
more likely.  Simply consuming DEET in the blood or from the skin of people
should not have that effect, since DEET is not a poison, but merely 'cloaks'
the wearer by interfering with the mosquito's scent detection on a local
basis AFAIK.