From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:22:31 -0500
"Bozard, Charles Emmett (Mick)" wrote:

> hello everybody, i am looking for an uncapper for a future 1000 colony
> operation. please let's discuss the pros and cons of the types out there. i
> personally have looked at the dakota gunness and the lady that called and
> sent me info from there was grreat. so far it seems to be the favorite, what
> do ya'll think ?! always, thanks in advance

I have used an old model of the Dakota Gunness uncapper for about 6 years.  It
works great for my 100 colony operation.  It definitely is not for those who
delight to see perfect sheets of cappings come off the combs.  The beeswax is
ground finely and mixed with a lot of honey.  A warm clarifying tank is an
absolute necessity with this type of uncapping, but the uncapper itself works
very fast and does a good job.  I think a cappings spinner would be wonderful
with this uncapper, but I have not yet been able to pick up a used one.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA