From:
Tom Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:09:51 -0500
There was a recent artcle in NEW ZEALAND BEEKEEPER mag containing  accounts
of snake bite and sting cures from electric shock, similar to what was
described in a previous post.  I will try to find the article again.  I doubt
that this will get the attention of the US medical/scientific community,
probably because in many parts of this country it is hard to find a snake
bite to treat. Most people simply ignore stings. However, $15 is quite a low
cost if it works for bees or snakes.  I have not bought a sting kit from a
pharmacy, but have heard they cost $30 - $40.  I am in NE Ohio, and like
snakes to hold down the mice, but I have talked to  Western beekeepers who
have had close calls when moving hives, and might appreciate such a device.