From:
Tom Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:49:55 -0400
My prefabed insulation did well for me two years ago and I was only able to
get one done properly last year.That hive came through strong even thought
the top blew off if a storm.

Your idea of a wind break sounds good. Oddly enough I get pretty good
protetion from the north and north west by a large stone wall . The gusts
that damaged my hives came from the west.The ground slopes down and away
towards to south and west. So perhaps the wind came up the hill  to do the
physical damage.  I have improved my cover design to assure that the bricks
don't fly off.

Right now is harvest for me and I am pleased so  far.

Location Princeton Ma just north of Worcester at about 1200 ft elevation
average temperature a little lower than Worcester or the mean for the county.