From:
Jon C Peacock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:59:14 EST
Good Morning Barb Miller
I really cannot speak for the Penn area, but here in middle upper Georgia
my bees will bring in pollen in January.  With the weather a bit on the
lopside we had the Red Maples blooming very early in January.  It is good
that you are noticing what your bees are doing.  Now take your opera
glasses and look at the peculiar red blooms on the maple trees.  Take a
walk in the fields and woods and look for small and very small flowering
plants, bushes, shrubs and trees.  I belive you will be an excellent bee
keeper.  Each day something is blooming, and here in upper middle Georgia
we have yellow bells (Forsythia) and Flowering Quince with a light
dusting of snow or covered in ice.  But I tend to talk much.  Happy
beekeeping.
Regards,   J. C. Peacock, :-}  Retired from 5 day work week.
Grandfather to 6.  Small craft sailor.  Planting Zone, Cotton,
Apples and Peaches & 2 lb tomatoes. 18 yrs B kpr.  "Every day discover
something new in the every day things  around you, look at things
differently." Approx; 33.15N, 84.23W

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]