From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:21:07 -0700
Jim & Sue Maus wrote:

> Hi
> Its with interest I have followed the thread about Buckfast bee's
> and in particular Weaver's.

(snipped)

>   However in asking Mr. Binford Weaver about them  the next spring
> after Brother Adams death he related to me they no longer received
> drone semen from the abbey. He said it came from a buckfast breeder
> in Belgium. Perhaps I misunderstood him on this.

>  Jim Maus

It was my understanding that all importation of drone semen was stopped
by the U.S. Congress in about 1970, because of the work done by Kerr,
Taber, and Poole which showed how easy it was to exchange genetic
material between countries through the mail, and also the fear that the
AHB could be distributed (or already had been) throughout the USA. Was
this regulation voided eventually ???     Just curious.....
  - John
--
John F. Edwards
Biological Lab. Technician