From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:51:34 -0700
Waldemar & all

> A friend of mine from Yakima, Washington has about 30 acres of apple
> trees on the side (he has a custom machine design & fab business
> during the day).  He is trying to interest one of his children in
> beekeeping as a hobby.  The hives would be used in the spring to
> pollinate the apples.  This is sustainable agriculture with many
> benefits.
If the avg almond orchard was 30 acres then this farming might have a
chance,but most almond groves are much larger.
Their are many positives to larger outfits, buying power, large modern
equipment where one machine can handle several sections of ground.
I have no problem with out-of-staters filling the demand for almonds. It's
the best way to use our resources.It's just the free market at work,and is
why this nation is where it is today in such a short time compare to other
countries.

Keith Jarrett
Calif.