From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 01:58:22 -0500
>Yeah, well, I use to sell it back in the 1970s. Actually, I have a can of
>Dadant brand Sodium Sulfathiazole right in front of me. On the label it
>says "Use for feeding bees only" and gives instructions on how to mix it
>with syrup or pollen supplement. If you don't believe me, I can send you a
>picture of it.

I believe you have a can from Dadant but years ago on BEE-L we had the
discussion on the sulfa registration and some researchers came on and said
sulfa was never registered for bees. Also that sulfa for AFB was discovered
effective in 1944 at the University of Missouri.

 Does your bottle have a registration number (which shed some light on the
past discussion)?
Drug company name?

Maybe I can pull up the past discussion from the archives.

Cyanide was sold at bee supply houses also but was never registered for
bees.

bob