From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 07:45:19 -0500
> We appreciate any feedback you
> have.

Are you sure?

The site provides good information but still is lacking in many areas or in
other words quite a bit of valuable information has been left out *in my
opinion*.

To put it bluntly many beeks feel Canada is in denial about what caused
their big die off. The rest of the beekeeping world thinks strange things
are happening in their colonies and Canada blames the weather? Even China
has stepped forward to report large unexplained bee die offs.

As I have said before on BEE-L I have not spoke with a commercial beekeeper
which has not reported seeing things in his/her bees over the last decade
he/she has NEVER seen before. Trying to keep numbers of hives up is getting
to be a problem in many operations. Dave Mendes reports constant splitting
is his solution.
My Canadian friends report the same situation.

beekeepers are starved for up to date information on our problems. Thanks
for the information you have provided!

Spain has the best information on N. ceranae.

Some Canadian beeks report bees not taking feed this spring but yet no
mention on the site of the legal drench method?  I f I was a betting man I
would bet both IAPV and N. ceranae are in Canada and simply not yet found.

Few can tell the spores of n. ceranae from n. apis by microscope. In the
slide both look alike to me. Beekeepers need to know which nosema they are
dealing with. In the U.S. the USDA-ARS has said most commercial migratory
operations should consider they are dealing with nosema ceranae. Almost 100%
of testing done has shown nosema ceranae and in many cases both nosema. We
have been told nosema ceranae is somehow replacing nosema apis in our bees.

It is my opinion that *if* you truly have not yet received nosema ceranae
that it is only a matter of time so Canadian beeks need to learn all they
can in advance of the problem.

Hopefully you will find my criticism constructive and helpful. I would not
have offered had you not asked.

bob