From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:41:06 -0500
> Herbal treatments use naturally occurring substances,
> not new manufactured chemicals. They do not have
> unknown side effects, as life has been exposed to them
> for millions of years.

I conclude from the above that Robin has never tried peyote, psilocybin
mushrooms, opiates, any one of a dozen different members of the
Myristicaceae (nutmeg) family of psychedelic plants, or ayahuasca.  Gosh,
that's just what comes to mind offhand as having memorable side effects.  I
have no idea what that stuff was we had in Sri Lanka, but it was... really
interesting.  But if you won't eat where the locals do, and won't sit in on
the traditional ceremonies and try the local drugs, you might as well just
stay at the Hilton, and stay with the tour group, which makes all the world
seem exactly the same.

That said, if there is anything that is even rumored to have some impact on
Nosema ceranae, let's see it, as Nosema ceranae makes me feel like the
soldiers in all those 1950s Japanese monster movies - "Our heaviest weapons
have no effect on the creature - retreat and take cover!"

But Fumagillin is an all-natural fungus, so it meets all Robin's criteria as
described above.