From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 07:16:49 +1100
> Hi All:  Read somwhere that CO2 will kill wax moth eggs.  Has any one
> tryed to use Dry Ice ?  One could stack up the supers and seal them
> up with duct tape and put the dry ice on the top and the CO2 , being
> heavier than air, will sink to the bottom as it sublimes.

My references are not to hand, but like many things, it is an
interaction - in this case % of CO2 and time.  That is, you can allow
a lower CO2 concentration if you are able to maintain the exposure
over a longer period of time.  So the thing you'd need to know is
what sort of concentration can you get from X amount of dry ice, and
can you maintain the gas tightness in the stack for the period of
time required.

I'll try to remember to look up the reference later.

  (\      Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-   home [log in to unmask]
  (/      work [log in to unmask]
NZ Beekeeping http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/nickw/nzbkpg.htm