From:
Ernest Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:55:06 PDT
Hello Gang,

After a long lay off, I want to keep bees again, so I
bought 2 nucs and 2 packages. The nucs are doing fine.
Lots of activity and I saw both queens when I put the
frames into each hive.

The packages are not as robust. One is doing the ole multiple
eggs in one cell trick and I couldn't see the queen in the other.
I couldn't find eggs there either, but did not look at the
frame for very long.

Installation was 5 days ago for the packages. There was a
good cluster of bees in one corner of a frame and I assume
that the queen might be inside it. Both queens were released
by the bees. Comb is being drawn, and I am feeding them.

There is a caveat here, the weather has been rainy every day
since the install, with only brief periods of no rain and
of course, overcast. There is very little pollen going in to
these new colonies. This is why I suspect poor egg laying and
also new queens are noted for multiple eggs until they get
the hang of it.

My concern is about queenlessness.
What should I do, if anything.

de AA1IK,              Time the accursed enemy of man,
                       cursed by youth for going to slow
Ernie Gregoire         and by the old for going to fast.

R.R. 1, Box 221,
South Rd.
Canaan, NH. 03741      Fly fisher & tier,
                       Promise Keeper.

E-mail address: [log in to unmask]

packet address: [log in to unmask]

06/16/98 18:10:19