From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:13:51 -0500
Much thanks to [log in to unmask] for the best explanation of "sign
board" that I have experienced.  For my next purchase I am going to ask for
high-density overlay and see what happens.  It is a possiblity that I have
been getting that, as what I have been using has not been painted and just
will not warp.

Make no mistake, this stuff is expensive.  However, there is no waste due to
wood defects and no lost labor due to stuff that has to be destroyed because
of warping.  I compared the cost of making 5-frame nuc boxes out of this and
buying similar boxes and it was about the same...but I got a box to my
specs. instead of having to accept someone elses bad ideas.

On the other hand, around here one can buy first quality deeps of
high-quality northern white pine for just $7 each, so I use those and just
use the sign board for tops.

Lloyd

--
Lloyd Spear