From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:47:38 +0100
Mike Rowbottom asked:

> Does anyone have any ideas or (better) experience of controlling
> rats in Winter in an outdoors rural situation.  Both sites are 10-15
> miles from my home base so attendance at them will be
> relatively infrequent.

I have stopped them with wire netting, but the hives were stood on a solid
concrete base, you might need to bury the netting if on earth.
Alternatively, you could try traps, but they will need to be covered so that
birds are not caught.

Best wishes

Peter Edwards
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/