From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:44:27 -0700
> I think all agree that Nosema ceranae is a very serious problem, probably
at least as serious as varroa

Peter, can't support that statement.  There are many who would not agree,
including some of the foremost researchers who have studied carefully.

  >It would be interesting to have Randy leave some of these 15 million
> spore count hives untreated and
> see if they follow the higes hypothesis.

Bob, I did follow a yard that was in the 5-10M range for three years.  Did
not observe any relationship between survival, buildup, or honey production
and N ceranae levels.

However, as I said, I saw higher spore counts on my truck net samples this
spring than ever before.  Deplorably, I have yet to find time to test
individual colonies, but hope to soon (should have splits finished by the
weekend).

Randy Oliver