From:
Deborah Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2016 09:14:34 -0400
I would think that a simple explanation of honey bee versus honeybee at the beginning of the book would give the reader valuable information and allow you to use the scientific term for the rest of the book (I know I have seen it explained that way in other books). The reader would then have that information when reading other publications.

I would question the publisher's resistance on this (and other terms) and his motive for this book: is it to educate new beekeepers or cash in on the current media hype? What will differentiate this book from the number of other beginner books already on the shelf?

Maybe the term "queen extruder" is for a new chapter on raising and processing bees for consumption?

If you have a great idea for presenting information in a new light, maybe it would be less frustrating to write the book and find a different publisher.

Debbie in Maryland