From:
Mark Gosswiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 16:07:20 -0600
I haven't used a queen excluder in the past but have decided to try one on 3
of my 5 hives this year.  Is it my imagination or does a queen excluder slow
down the process of the bees filling up the supers above it?  It seems there
is more honey in the brood boxes and less in the supers. Has anyone else had
this type of experience.  The two hives without the excluders seem to be
filling the supers up faster.  They are all at the same location.