From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:53:05 +0200
"Finally, our counters indicate that the bee losses pulsate - cyclic -
periods when loss is relatively low, then a sudden drop, then another run of
lesser losses, another wave of sudden losses.   We're working on a  note
about
this."

Jerry

Are this pulses anyhow related to the 21 days cycle of brood rearing?

I have this bunch of colonies without varroa treatment high up in a slope in
front of a driveway. I see this pulses of bees with DWV and crawling ones
with wings (paralysis?) droping from the hives and everywhere in the
driveway sloping down.

As I am not there all the time watching I have no records of the exact
timing, but for sure this is a pulsating event.

Ps: Past season I couln't stand any longer without treatment so on two
"events" I put a formic pad. Out of the 15 hives, two are dead already, the
other still with movement. I haven`t  inspect them since past march. The two
dead ones had a pollen trap. All them were feed patty. No fumagilin for
them.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.