From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 07:31:36 -0400
Dee Lusby wrote:
>  once their bees are regressed down in
> size and queen shift is completed.
How can you assume they are the same race of bees you started with
unless you use AI?

You might clear this up for me since I have trouble understanding how
the queen "regresses" unless she is is a new queen raised on the next
size down. If they open mated, it would seem you are back to local bees.
After a couple of "regressions" you would be more local than what you
started with.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine