Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:44:29 -0500
Peter Edwards:  "As far as I can see, this contains sugar, oxalic acid, formic acid, citric
acid, propolis (why???) and 'essential oils' (presumably thymol?).  How this
could be used during a nectar flow is beyond me and I very much doubt the
claim of no side effects."

I do not know. Ask Austrians.  Bee Vital Hive Clean is their medication, their invention, and they certified it as ORGANIC treatment that can be used ANYTIME.  I JUST KNOW IT WORKS MARVELOUSLY!  Organic beekeepers all over Europe are using it like that.  About 15 cc/hive.  I went to Poland and bought few bottles.  For last couple years I used nothing else and my hives are busting with life, full of healthy bees.  I checked one today and I see that the bee ball is wall to wall. NOT A SINGLE VARROA on the floor!

Peter Edwards:  "I have also seen it suggested that it should be used every 2 weeks - rather
labour intensive and not cheap at around £10 per bottle.
It is also claimed that you cannot overdose - is that a great way for them
to make more profit, or am I being a bit cynical?"

Yes, way too cynical.  :) It is not expensive.  Do you know how many colonies you can treat with one bottle?  Well, I guess it pays to Europeans to use it since they have ditched all other worthless chemicals, and do not have to replace their colonies every year. They are not poisoning and killing their bees and contaminating wax.  I am a veterinarian and I know a good medication when I see one in action.  People in Croatia and Bosnia and Austria and Germany and UK and elsewhere are using it with marvelous results.  They do NOT have to use chemicals and various miticides that DO NOT WORK.  Or work partially for a year and than do not work.  No resistant varroas  are seen in these countries. To them it is not expensive.  Because it works! They do not have to replace 1/3 or more of their hives annually.

This is SIMPLEST product to use!  And yes, you can NOT overdose it.  Open hive and squirt Bee Vital Hive Clean from the bottle over bees in between frames. About 15 mL.  Thats it!  Simplicity in itself. I LOVE IT!!!

You can find additional information here:  http://www.beevital.com/

Best wishes, Pcelar.