From:
Madeleine Pym <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:56:17 +0100
Hi Tom,

Regarding the movement of bees, don't forget that once the winter is
upon us and bees stop flying you can easily move them. They don't fly
very often and so are not so sure of their surroundings anyway. They
won't even know they have been moved. If this weather keeps on the way
it has been they won't have flown much for weeks.

You asked about ways to kill bees. Noone seems to have picked up on my
questions about chloroform as a possible treatment for acarine, etc so
perhaps it has been overlooked. But I also mentioned that my father uses
it to kill bees (when he has had acarine). It is harmless apart form
being fatal to them. Petrol is used in the UK but only when EFB and AFB
are fond and the frames, etc are going to be burnt.

All the best Madeleine