From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 13:16:54 -0400
On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Mike Beluch wrote:

>      Hello Fellow Bee-L'ers
>
>      I feel REALLY stupid right about now, but here goes:
>
>      I opened one of my hives today, and lo and behold, the ENTIRE top of
>      the inner cover was white with ANT eggs, + or - about a ZILLION ants.

        Hi Mike-
        I got this tip from an old timer several years ago. He did'nt
know why it works and neither do I, but it always does. Just place leaves
(I use sumac fronds or grape leaves)between the inner and outer cover. Be
sure to spred them over the whole cover. Next time you visit your colony
the ants will be gone. Also works between hive bodies when on pallets.