Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:08:23 -0400
Noting these statements,

> In CCD beeyards in FL in  Dec, 2007 - we had collapsed hives, failing
> hives, and always a few better hives...

   and

> ...In the same field, there was the yard with the heavy collapse and the
> piles of boxes (about 80% of the colonies perished), a yard of failing
> colonies, and a yard of very good colonies - all within 200 yards of each
> other (points of  a triangle).

takes us back to the subject line.

Apparently there are survivors.

How much of that is luck and how much might be some sort of resistance?

Also, does CCD seem to hit all strains and colours of bees?

Have we seen it in the Russian bees?

There was also some hint about AHB being less or unaffected, or is that due
to lack of observations....

Are there any particularly susceptible strains?

Specific suppliers?