From:
Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:59:22 +0200
Juanse:
"If you use oxalic acid or timol cristals it is better to use screened
bottoms, but for formic and sintetic miticides it is better solid ones."
Me:
"Can you explain this further, Juanse?"
Juanse:
"in my understanding oxalic (vaporised or dribbled) and timol have contact
effect but not that effective, therefore it is better to let the varroa fall
to the ground if dislodged. In my understanding oxalic (vaporised or
dribbled) and timol have contact effect but not that effective, therefore it
is better to let the varroa fall to the ground if dislodged."

Don't you fear, Juanse, that, with open screened bottoms, the evaporation of
thymol and oxalic crystals is less effective against the mites?

Kind regards,

Ghislain De Roeck,
Belgium