From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 04:43:00 -0500
Hello Peter,
What you posted was everything that was found in 51 pools of bees both
healthy and CCD prior to the science article I believe? Correct?

I was hoping you had the results from Hack's bees. Those results were
published in the ABF newsletter in late summer 2007 I believe.  We had those
exact results to discuss at the next ABF meeting .

Hack's CCD bees from memory tested 100% of samples for nosema ceranae &
Kashmir
bee virus and I believe 80 some percent for IAPV. The percent of other
things found was very minor.

The relationship between Kashmir & IAPV has caused much discussion as some
researchers claim the two are linked and possibly variations of the same.

History of the science article for those new to the list:

IAPV had been said by researchers in Isreal to be a killer of bees and was
in the news and *in my opinion* the CCD team quickly pointed to IAPV as the
*marker* (source of the problem?) AND Australia import bees as the source of
IAPV in the U.S. (which was quickly disproven).

Some researchers are very critical of the science article you post from (in
archives).

Thanks for the post.
bob

article data from:
Metagenomic Survey of Microbes in Honey Bee Colony Collapse Disorder
Diana L. Cox-Foster, et al.
www.sciencexpress.org /6 September 2007