Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:38:26 -0400
Near as I can tell, we are coming to the 30th year of Bee-L. We could all meet at Aaron's house next summer...

Communication is the key to understanding. With the advent of computers, the distribution of
information has become better and faster. Among researchers, communication is critical. Also, in
order to reveal the new information we are discovering, or to broadcast the new questions evolving
from our searches, we have to be able to communicate effectively not only with fellow scientists but
also the public. If we do not express ourselves adequately, even though we may be the best of research
scientists, it is all to no avail. We must translate our findings and enthusiasm into terms that others can
understand. One element to help in this regard has now been developed.

Bee Biology Network (BEE-L) socially coordinated by SUNY-Brockport
BEE-L is a network file list dedicated to research and information concerning the biology of BEES!
This includes solitary and social bees (and maybe even wasps). We communicate about sociobiology,
behavior, ecology, adaptation/evolution, genetics, taxonomy, physiology, pollination and nectar/
pollen biology. Also, it is a great way to announce meetings and professional opportunities, seek help
in research work, or research funding, and discuss ideas.

from:
Southwick, E. E. (1989). Bee biology research communication network. Journal of Applied Entomology, 108(1-5), 317-318.