From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:47:37 -0500
Hello Chris and All,

Chris wrote:
> In the UK I have never seen clover in flower at the same time as apples..
Do  you have different varieties to us or is it the climate?

We get white Dutch early in the season before the main honey flow from white
Dutch. Because the apple groves we pollinate skimp on the number of hives
ordered we insist all orchards be mowed.

To be precise the bees work the apple blossoms and dandelions  most of the
day but the white Dutch only for a couple hours when conditions are right.
Sometimes they ignore the white Dutch until the main flow for reasons I do
not FULLY understand.

In my opinion it would be hard to label any source a pure source.

These three examples are as close to pure at times

. I am sure other BEE-L people can list  others from their home areas.

Orange in Florida with only orange groves for many miles

. Irrigated Alfalfa and  cotton in the desert  can be very close to pure
source.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison