From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 09:22:53 -0700
        I have found that if the spring is cold and wet that bulk feeding
is not very successful. In the fall the weather seems almost irrelevent -
the bees rob everything in sight!

        The hivetop feeders seem  better in the spring and since I have
them, I now use them in the fall too.

        When I was using the bulk feeding method I cut holes in the side
of the barrels and wired the lids on so that the cows ( the bees were in a
pasture on a dairy farm ) could not get at the syrup. The holes were large
enough to provide access to the bees.

Donald Aitken
11710-129 Street
Edmonton Alberta Canada