From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:52:45 -0600
> Does it mean anything when the queens pipe, or is it just something they
> do?

AFAIK, no one really knows. Some say they are calling each other to duel
it out to the death.

Only some of the queens were doing it when we did the recording.  As I
moved the mic around obver the cages, some were buzzing, others were not.
Some are piping, others are silent.

I'll do a better recording if they get going again and I am around.  Of
course they are being put into new homes as fast as we find places for
them, but we will have another chance another time.

Anyone know if queens being raised in California yet?  I had heard they
got off to a terrible start.

Allen
---
FAQs?  There is no BEE-L FAQ - as such - but you can
search for answers to most common questions by visiting
http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
or send email to [log in to unmask] and say
Search BEE-L KEYWORD(S)
('KEYWORD(S)' means a word or words unique to your question)