From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:53:06 -0800
Ian,
You never get to the carmelization stage. It is a little beyond being a slurry but short of
the hard candy stage. If you fed it in the fall I would be only a little concerned, but in
the spring, not at all. Boiled sugar water is not as good for the bees as unboiled, but it
is actually better than feeding the bees honey!
Yes, I have the references to prove it.
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME