From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:08:49 -0800

> >But I may be wrong. What organic practices do you see that would work in a
> commercial operation?

Hi Dick, I would like to keep the tone of this discussion civil.  In
respectful answer to your question:

Reduced tillage, winter cover crops to avoid erosion, green manures being
more cost effective than nitrogen fertilizers, hedgerows for beneficials,
IPM management using fewer pesticides, pheromone traps, biocontrols, use of
pest-resistant varieties, the list goes on....

I see all of these methods being used more and more by conventional growers
in Calif, and promoted as mainstream.

Randy Oliver