From:
Jeffrey Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1993 02:16:38 EDT
I just joined the local BeeKeepers Assn. (Worcester County BeeKeepers Assn.)
and have been finding I have more and more questions the more I learn.
Opening a hive for the first time in 5 years and realizing how much is the
same and how much has changed is an interesting feeling.

* I am interested in hearing of how beekeepers out there may have found ANP
  Brood comb to work (bees accepting it, strengths of hives, etc.).  Designed
  to prevent Verroa Mites.  I have not seen any evidence of the parasite yet
  in my hive but with all the talk of it lately I thought this may be a good
  preventative method.

* Also how the 6 inch "Perma-Comb Units" (basically fully drawn depth plastic
  honey comb units) seem to be working out in the real world?

* I recently saw a hive lifting tool; It was a hinged unit that slipped over
  the top of the hive and one person on each side would lift and the unit
  clamped onto the super handle cutouts,  It was a home built rig but I
  thought it was pretty slick.  Unfortunately the keeper that had this was in
  FLA (I was visiting on vaca at the time) and so I can't contact him
  directly.  Would anyone have a set of plans, with dimensions, for something
  like this kicking around, that I could get a copy of?

That's enough questions for now I guess.

Thanks in advance for the response.

                                        Jeff Young