From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2015 10:36:27 -0300
On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Floyd Cope  wrote:

> Does anyone have any data or working knowledge on the average time
> required of a field bee to transfer it's nectar load to a house bee? Have
> not had much luck trying to understand this process with any detail.

No really sure if that number is in this paper
*http://tinyurl.com/ngsl5pr <http://tinyurl.com/ngsl5pr> *(the link direct
you to the pdf in a russian site)
but probably is a good start for following the search in its references.

Inner nest homeostasis in a changing environment
with special emphasis on honey bee brood nursing
and pollen supply
Thomas SCHMICKL, Karl CRAILSHEIM

Abstract – To reproduce successfully, a honey bee colony has to rear brood
efficiently. This requires a
fecund queen and depends on the coordinated activities of workers in brood
care, in foraging, and in
maintaining inner nest homeostasis. Maintaining homeostasis involves
thermal regulation of the brood area
and providing a steady supply of nutrients, which requires building food
reserves during favorable weather
so that the brood can be well fed even during times of low nutritional
influx. The workforce of adult bees is
appropriately divided among the required tasks, and the wax comb itself is
spatially organized in a way that
saves energy and supports brood nursing. The ability to achieve this
homeostasis results from a set of
individual behaviors and communication processes performed in parallel by
thousands of bees. In this
review, we discuss these proximate individual