From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:32:43 -0700
At 08:48 PM 8/5/97 -0300, you wrote:
>Hallo!
>
>I am a beekeeper in Uruguay Southamerica, and I am looking for information
of honeyprice in the Internet.

Try the news group sci.agriculture.beekeeping, you will find the US price
paid for large lots of honey the past month. I post it myself when I get it
which is around the middle of the month because the government agency
involved refuses to do anything that would cut down the income they get
from selling this information they get for free from others and will not
put this Honey Market Report on the Internet. It is about the only US
government cash farm crop report that can not be found on the Internet and
it burns my butt every time I think about the 30 years I sent in reports
without pay to the USDA Market Reporting Service.

Is the information good, well there is some question as it now relies 100%
(heavy) on buyers for price information, and state bee inspectors, some who
seldom get no farther away from their desk then the coffee room for plant
condition reports. At one time it was about 50% beekeeper/honey producers
and honey packers, and 50% regulators and was very good. Today when one
reads the report it is easy to get the idea that the reporters are trying
to sell you something or buy something from you cheaper, but its the only
monthly honey market-beekeeping report we have other then what you find in
the bee magazines and they relie on it for most of their information.

IMHO, the OLd Drone