From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:10:26 -0400
1.- If Checkmite was not available the "Honey" not produced would have been 200 millions per year. Or in that money one should also include other losses, like colonies?

They don't say. I suppose all losses.

2.- You are amazed that something that is classified as temporarily is in widespread use?

No, not really. Nothing like that amazes me. What is discouraging is that it was approved for temporary use until something better could be approved. But now something better -- formic strips, has been put on hold because the govt. says we already have enough choices, which include Checkmite.

Peter Loring Borst
Ithaca  NY USA
peterloringborst.com