From:
Geert van Eizenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 14:18:24 +0200
Hi all!

Some time ago I raised a question in the Bee-list "How to deal with dark and
smoky African wax (but Organic quality!)". That problem is solved now by
constructing the first African steam waxmelter without the availability of
stainless steel and electricity: we feel very proud!! We are now looking for
information about storing conditions: can and will beeswax shrink after
(some) time? And how much can or will it shrink? Are complaints from
refiners about this between beekeepers and refiners a regular issue or a
non-issue, since I can't find any info on this in the regular books and
magazines. What is the finest book on beeswax that is most helpfull?

I could read in a paper distributed through FAO (FAO AGRICULTURAL SERVICES
BULLETIN No. 124) "A buyer should make sure wax has been stored for a few
weeks after processing in water, since newly cleaned wax may contain up to
20% by weight of water". This is the only hint I discovered in this matter.

Regards,

Geert Van Eizenga
Bamenda/Cameroon
--
Success is only complete, when you can share it!
Green Bee Consultancy