From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:53:08 -0500
I called the World Market store this morning and spoke to the owner. In addition to producing
varietal honey, I collect unusual honey . My first concern was the water content of the Sidr honey
from Hadramaut. IMO no matter how unusual or fine tasting a honey is it MUST have a low water
content.

Anyhow over the phone he appeared to be from the Middle East and was quite sincere and helpful.
He referred me to his son who orchestrated the sourcing of this honey from a region in Yemen.  I will
be purchasing some of this honey and report back to you on my experience.

BTW does anybody have a source (retail or wholesale qty) of South African honey from the Fynbos
region? There is a gentleman online http://users.iafrica.com who produces such honey. I have never
been able to purchase any from him in any quantity.

How about any other unusual or interesting honeys from around the world?