From:
Dennis LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:17:09 -0400
>>How much wax are you putting on?  How much does a frame weigh before
and after?  How many frames are waxed per pound of wax?

At a meeting of the Western NY Honey Producers Association, a member
indicated that he dipped coated plastic (deep?) foundation in bees wax in
order to add extra wax.  If I recall correctly, he indicated that it took
11 pounds of wax to coat 100 pieces of foundation.

>>I do see the bees accepting the foundation or frames a lot better with
extra wax

At the same meeting, Tom Seeley indicated that his observations were that
bees more readily draw out plastic foundation that has
been coated with additional wax.

And:  how do the manufacturers apply beeswax to plastic foundation at
something like one molecule thick?

Dennis
Western New York, USA