From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2008 05:02:50 -0700
Randy Wrote:  "I suggest that all beekeepers keep open minds and avoid being
excessively critical of each other.  Such criticism prevents many from sharing good ideas, for fear of being ridiculed.  I, for one, appreciate hearing new ideas from which I can choose to test in my own operation."

I agree, wholeheartedly.  But I might also add that just because someone can't see your point, or disagrees because it didn't work for their local situation, there's no reason to become defensive, confrontational, obstinate or even retaliatory.  And if someone should ask a question because something isn't clear, take a breath.  Breathe.  Then help them out.  Ignorance isn't always self-inflicted.

Likewise, if you cast your pearls before swine, don't blame the pig.

There's a lot of give and take to personal, face-to-face conversations that, unfortunately, eludes this Internet thing.

Grant
Jackson, MO  (where we're beginning to harvest an incredible crop of honey)