From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:57:03 -0500
Randy,
If you search the archives using my name you will see all the types of bees
I have tested. SMR hybrids, Marla Spivak hygienic, Purvis brothers, Russian
etc.

The line of Italians i was using before trying the above outproduced all of
the above.

I think placing my high production  line ( I had one queen produce over 400
pounds in a season) in a situation where I would never have to treat for
varroa worth testing for.

My Italian line does not open purple eyed stage and remove varroa in my
observation hives. I am looking foward to seeing the transformation when
downsized on 4.9mm.

I cleaned up the observation hives and can hardly wait. Hope I am not
disappointed!

Bob

"What we don't know is so vast it makes what we do know seem absurd"